The Departmental Campus Card is intended for use on campus to provide a simplified method for small food purchases, copier use, pay-for-print services, postal goods and/or small UMBC Bookstore purchases in support of authorized departmental activities and to minimize the need for and use of ‘Petty Cash’ funds. It is a convenience offering intended to facilitate accounting for low end, small volume purchases.
Obtaining a DCARD is a quick and easy process. The process is to be initiated by the cardholder by clicking here. Once you have completed your portion of the application, you will be contacted via email with instructions on how to access the DCARD Training portal. Both the cardholder and supervisor must successfully complete the training session. Once completed, your DCARD will be fabricated and you will be notified when it is ready for pick up.
Changes in cardholder or supervisor information may also be initiated by clicking here.
For any questions regarding the DCARD or to increase your balance, please click here.
DCARD Deposit Procedures
1) Go to our website: campuscard.umbc.edu
2) Click on the ‘Support’ tab
3) Select ‘General Inquiries’
4) On the Subject Line type in your Dcard number (e.g.,DCRD90000)
5) Under Request Type select Campus Card ID
7) Under Message include the amount to be added to the DCARD, and the chart string and account that you wish the funds to be drawn from.
8) Once the description is completed, click on the Submit button
Campus Card will prepare the JE using the chart string you provide. The chart string must be a valid chart string for your department. Please allow one business day for the funds to be deposited. You will receive a copy of the JE, which we submit to the Financial Reporting office, for your records.
RT’s will only be accepted from the D-Cardholder and/or D-Card Supervisor.
DCARD Program Administrator: Diane McCredie, firstname.lastname@example.org, 410-455-1316