Future changes in Terms and Conditions regulating the use of the Campus Card will apply to all cards in circulation and use at that time and will supersede the Terms and Conditions in effect at the time the card was acquired.
Campus Card Accounts
- Deposits may be made with cash, check, or credit card online. Web-based minimum deposit is $10 plus a 2.75% convenience fee.
- Funds are not subject to cash withdrawal.
- Adjustments can only be made by credit to the individual cardholder’s account (no cash refunds).
- Accounts are not subject to service charges except as may be noted herein.
- The Bursar’s Office located in the Administration Building, 3rd Floor; accepts cash, checks, traveler’s checks, and money orders.
- The Campus Information Center (Commons building, main floor) accepts cash deposits
- The Campus Card & Mail Services department will accept check deposits. Please indicate the desired account (Retriever Dollars or Food Fund), as well as the Campus ID (Ex: AB12345) on the memo line.
- Online deposits through your myUMBC account with MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express credit cards.
- Checks returned as uncollectible are subject to established UMBC collection policies, including fees and possible civil remedies.
- Maintaining account security
- Account accessibility is restricted to the cardholder and is not transferable under any circumstance (see Card Forfeiture).
- Immediately reporting a lost or stolen card upon discovery.
- By use of the Campus Card account, the cardholder agrees to be subject to all rules, regulations, policies, and procedures specified by UMBC.
- UMBC reserves the right to cancel the agreement in the event that the individual violates any such rules, regulations, policies, and/or procedures or breaches in any way any term or condition of this agreement.
- Management of your card, which is like cash and must be treated as such.
- A card replacement fee of $20 is assessed for lost, stolen and not substantiated by a police report, and/or rendered unusable by negligence, abuse, or misuse.
- No charge is assessed due to replacement for: defect in material or fabrication, normal and customary wear, and/or documented theft.
- Issuance of a replacement card terminates the original card. If a lost card is recovered after purchasing a replacement, it is of no value, cannot be reactivated, and no refund will be given.
- The Campus Card remains the property of UMBC and must be surrendered immediately if: found in use by anyone other than the cardholder, requested by an agent of UMBC in a position of authority, and/or requested by the Campus Card Center.
- Actions associated with card forfeiture may result in the initiation of judicial proceedings in accordance with existing campus policies.
- Card reinstatement is contingent upon compliance with all pertinent UMBC rules and regulations.
- Refunds are processed at the conclusion of the Academic Year (end of Spring semester).
- Accounts with balances less than the $15 non-refundable charge will be zeroed out and no refund will be provided.
- Accounts with balances exceeding $15 will be refunded the difference between the current balance and the $15.00 non-refundable charge.
- Student Refunds are refunded to the cardholder using the refund option the student selected when they received their Bank Mobile Packet.
- For specific information regarding the status of a refund or preferred refund method, contact Student Business Services at 410-455-2288.
Electronically Submitted Photos
- The UMBC Campus Card is the official photo identification card for a member of the University of Maryland, Baltimore County community. As such, the photo must be a true and accurate representation of the cardholder.
- Photos must meet the guidelines found here
- The Campus Card Center reserves the right to reject any photo not in compliance with these guidelines. Campus Card Center staff may require a photo to be retaken in-office should the electronically submitted photo not be an accurate representation of the cardholder.