UMBC-Shady Grove students can receive a UMBC Campus Card and/or a USG campus ID. Each serves a unique purpose and aid in the student’s ability to access resources at UMBC-Shady Grove. To receive your USG ID, please visit the USG Student Services office on the first floor of Building III.
The UMBC Campus Card can be obtained by following the electronic submission guidelines below. Additionally, Shady Grove students may come to the UMBC Campus Card Center to have your card produced.
Requests are submitted electronically and Campus Cards will be delivered to the Shady Grove campus at the beginning of every semester. Your photo must be submitted prior to the last day to register for courses in your first semester at UMBC-Shady Grove. For any questions regarding ID processes for Shady Grove students should be directed to Caitlin Scheidegger at email@example.com
Students will receive an e-mail when your UMBC Campus Card is ready for pick-up at USG. You will be required to present an acceptable form of government-issued photo identification (e.g. driver’s license, passport, or military ID).
- Select Photo Upload from the menu
- Must be a recent photo (taken within 1 year)
- The photo must be in color taken against a solid white, off-white, or lightly colored background
- Photo must be from the top of shoulders to top of head with some blank space above the head and tope edge of the photo (similar to a passport photo).
- Photo must be straight-on and eyes looking directly at the camera (no profile or angeled pictures).
- This picture is for identification purposes. The picture must clearly identify your person. No hats, sunglasses, camera flash reflections, red-eye, lens flares, filters, animals, props, additional persons, and jewelry or garments that obstruct a clear view of the face.
- JPEG format only
- Maximum file size is 2048 KB
- Image Height & Width: 400 PX (min), 900 PX (max)
- Image Resolution: 72 DPI (min), 300 DPI (max)
Acceptable Photo Samples:
Similar to a passport photo, your photo should be a recent photo taken straight-on against a plain white, off-white, or lightly colored background with eyes looking directly at the camera. The photo is taken from shoulders up with some blank space between the top of the head and top edge of the photo.
Unacceptable Photo Samples:
You will be asked to read the Terms and Conditions of the Campus Card prior to accessing the upload form. After agreeing, review the photo guidelines and complete the photo upload form. Once finished, click submit. Only one photo may be submitted. Please allow 1-3 business days for photo processing. You will be notified via email when your photo has been approved or rejected. Please contact the UMBC Campus Card Center by clicking here or by phone at 443-612-2273 with any questions or concerns regarding the upload process.
The Campus Card Center reserves the right to reject any photo submitted that is not in compliance with these guidelines. A valid government-issued photo ID is required to receive your Campus Card.